Welcome to The Parish of Good Shepherd Parish in congregation at the Church of Good Shepherd Tunapuna and at St.Oswald's Caroni. Good Shepherd is an Anglican Church a part of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Trinidad and Tobago a member of the Province of the West Indies and a part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. The Right Reverend Claude Berkley is our Diocesan Bishop.
Good Shepherd has been a place of welcome and worship since 1886. We have a rich history but a vibrant mission and vision for what God is calling us to be and do in the 21st Century. Led by the Venerable Kenley Baldeo, Archdeacon North we're a community of caring people who gather to worship and praise God in Common Prayer.
What We Believe
We believe that there is only one God, but there are three elements to this one God: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit; that human beings’ decision to reject this eternal God and live according to their own standards (sin) causes as relational breakdown between them; that God the son, Jesus Christ, lived and died to give people a model and a way to be reconciled with God. As Anglicans our doctrine and practice is based three principles:
- Scripture (The Holy Bible),
- Reason (the intellect and the experience of God)
- Tradition (the practices and beliefs of the historical church).
You can read more about what Anglicans believe here.
Our Core Values
Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.
- Love: We love because God first loved us. Jesus commanded us to follow His example by loving God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and to love our neighbour as ourselves (Matthew 22:37- 39; John 3:16; John 15:12; 1 John 4:16).
- Faithfulness: One of the fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness. The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in the world. Faithfulness is an essential characteristic of the Christian life which must be developed as part of our spiritual growth and practiced in all aspects of life (Matthew 10:22)
- Communication: Communication is the purposeful activity of information exchange between two or more participants to convey a message. For this reason, communication is important to the church. Proper communication is essential for the church to carry out its mission and ministry. Communication among its members ought to be clear, concise and relevant. The church must use all available media to communicate the message of the gospel (Numbers 12: 6 NRSV).
- Integrity: Integrity an expression of the Christian way of life. That is, living by the principles and precepts of Christ (Matthew Chapters 5 – 7).
- Reconciliation: The church through Christ has been given a ministry of reconciliation and must help people to have a right relation with God and with each other. (2 Corinthians 5:18-21, Philemon).
- Worship: Responding to God’s love and goodness in keeping with our culture and tradition (John 4:24). Service: Service is using God’s given gifts to help people to experience God’s love (Matthew 25:31-46; Mark 10:46).
- Accountability: Ultimately, we are all accountable to God for the use of all God’s resources (Matthew 25:31- 46).
Vision and Mission
Good Shepherd Parish Mission
To enhance the spiritual lives of persons through fellowship , worship and outreach programmes.
To give honour and glory to God by making disciples of Jesus Christ, empowering them to live according to the principle of God’s kingdom through the ministry and mission of the Church
Good Shepherd Parish Vision
To restore the Parish of the Good Shepherd and the Communities to unity with God an each other in Christ
The new wine vineyard revealing Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit