This group is devoted to the upkeep of the sanctuary, ensuring that the linens, fittings and other items used in the church are presentable for services that are held in the church. While the ministry role of the Sanctuary Guild has traditionally been carried out by women, it is to be noted that this a ministry that is open to both women and men.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the linens on the altar, referred to as fair linens, are laundered and ironed each week.
- Ensuring the hangings and altar frontal cloths are changed according to the liturgical seasons.
- Managing the laundering, ironing, and transport on long rods of the large altar cloths or curtains
- Buffing of the chalices, patterns, candlesticks, and all precious metals
- Ensuring that flowers are purchased, arranged, and watered and presented in accordance with liturgical seasons
Currently, in Good Shepherd, many of these activities are undertaken by the FLOWER CLASS led by Renee Lovell. Flowers are arranged for service each Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. The group is currently very small and is desirous of new membership. There is no age limit and all are encouraged to join. Over the past year and from time to time, classes are held in flower arrangement so that skills are always updated. Classes will be scheduled in the near future.
Please contact Renee Lovell at 231-9130 if you are interested in joining this important ministry.